Fly Over Media is a cultural education non-profit which produces, supports and publishes interactive, multimedia journalism pieces about rural and underrepresented communities.
How we do it
We provide support to journalists all over the country producing work aligned with our mission. We use our extensive in-depth journalism background to help others develop story ideas from inception to completion. We act as a resource for contacts and equipment in addition to helping journalists secure funding for their projects. Finally, we help journalists find the best places to publish their work.
Fly Over Media staff produces work for publication on its website. Additionally, we seek out and work with journalists — photographers, videographers, writers, web designers and artists — to contribute to such original work. We also help journalists produce work for publication on platforms other than our own. We host and produce print and other gallery shows to promote the work of our contributors.
Our website acts as a publishing platform for original work aligned with our mission. We accept project proposals and completed work submissions. In either case, we work with journalists to present their stories in the most fair and impactful way. Each web piece is designed individually — we believe form and content should work to the same end, so every piece offers a different user experience.
board of directors
View our 2016 annual report here.View
- The Guardian, “What Donald Trump will have to accept: without journalism, there is no America“
- New York Times Lens Blog, “A Quiet Moment Among Neighbors“
- NET Nebraska, Friday Live on 12/2/16
- CNN Photos, “My Sunny Valentine“
- Refinery 29, “The Media Didn’t Fail America — You Just Didn’t Know Where To Look“
- Medium, “Living and Loving in Flyover Country“
- New Territory, Excerpt from “Home for a While”
- Innovation in College Media, “Fly Over Me: Kickstarting a multimedia summer project“
- NET Nebraska, “Long-Form Journalism Project Tells Stories Of Valentine“
Sign up for our newsletter to hear important developments.Sign Up
Alternatively, you can mail a check or cash to our office at 1405 S. 16th St. #1, Lincoln, NE, 68502. If you’d like to speak with someone at Fly Over Media before donating, please contact Jacob Zlomke, events and fundraising director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Donation receipts available upon request.
Alternatively, you can mail a check or cash to our office at 1405 S. 16th St. #1, Lincoln, NE, 68502.
If you’d like to speak with someone at Fly Over Media before donating, please contact Jacob Zlomke, events and fundraising director, at email@example.com.
Donation receipts available upon request.